If you think it’s expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.
— Paul Neal (Red) Adair
With principals on two continents, you are assured that someone is available to answer your questions virtually 24 hours a day. We are WordPress experts who love design and coding, coffee, beer (pivo), and cupcakes, and we find inspiration around every corner. Check out our recent work to see if we can get your business up and running on the web!
Full-Service WordPress Web Development
We are a full-service, turnkey web design studio specializing in content-managed web development and design for the small business, professional or non-profit. We are WordPress specialists since 2004. Pixelita Designs is an official WordPress consultant, listed in Automattic’s official WordPress Directory. We have developed nearly 100 WordPress-driven sites and released over a dozen free themes to the WordPress community. Find out how we can help you make your WordPress website better! A Pixelita Design is more affordable than you think!
Cost-Effective, High-Quality Web Development
Pixelita strives at all times to be cost-effective while continuing to provide only the highest quality web design and web development services to every client. We recognize the value of various cost-controlling measures and alternative fee arrangements. We make extensive use of technology to reduce costs to clients, such as the use of a secure project management Extranet for use in-house and by our clients.
Per Project Rather Than By the Hour
We generally bill on a per-project basis rather than hourly. It has been our experience that if you bill projects based on hours worked, you may lose sight of the bigger picture. With flat-fee or per-project billing, the goal is to become more efficient, not less efficient. You can spend an extra ten hours on a coding or design issue because you know you may have a use for that code or because you need to learn that design technique. So next time, that same issue will be resolved faster and more efficiently. And clients know what to expect. There is no last-minute surprise at site launch when you present them with a bill for services beyond the agreed upon price — services they possibly didn’t realize were going to cost extra.
All of our proposals and contracts delineate exactly what we are providing, what the client is paying for, what he will receive and what absolutely is not included — or is included at an additional cost. And we do not undertake that extra-cost item before clearing it with the client first. No unhappy surprises equals no unhappy clients. That being said, there are times when we perform tasks outside the scope of the original contract. In that event, our hourly rates prevail.
- Web Development
- Custom Programming
- Graphic Design
- SEO/SEM Services
Meet the Team
- Who Does She Think She Is?!
- Joni Mueller has been designing web sites for hire since 2003, when she first blew up her web host’s server by insisting on running Greymatter. Since then, Joni has designed for Blogger and Movable Type, TextPattern, WordPress and CMS Made Simple. She lives with her cat and shoe collection in a bucolic old section of Houston called Idylwood. For some strange reason, Joni likes to refer to herself in the third person. When she’s not working on web design, she’s ordering lawyers around. And blogging about it. Or both.
- Words to Live By
- If you don’t have enough time to do it right, when are you going to have enough time to do it over?
- Quick Facts
- Amazing since 1985. Online since 1995. Fanatically devoted to work and friends. Communicates in Serbian or English, but if needed can switch to Russian as well. Understands a thing or two in German, Italian, French and Spanish if in life-or-death situation. Has more true friends than fingers. Believes work hours are for pussies. Knows a ton of computer related abbreviations and isn’t afraid to use them. Won’t talk about problems. Will solve them. Makes a difference. Anywhere. All the time.
- Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. ~ Samuel Beckett
How It All Began
Read the story of how Pixelita Designs was created here!
Work With Us!